Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Request of Angela Shaw

Angela asked for the chicken recipes... the thing is I dont use any recipes...I am not much help... but here is the basic idea

"fried" chicken

I use about two hand-full of a "flake" cereal I have on hand... last night it was honey bunches of oats... but it could be special K.. total cereal... Fiber one flakes... anything you might have...

crunch it up - you can put it in food processor , crunch it up with your hand or put in it a plastic baggy and use a rolling pin to crunch it. in another bowl I mix equal parts honey with water... this thins out the honey... and then I put black pepper in the honey water mixture...

Cut chicken breasts in strips ( I used to buy chicken tenderloins... but they are more expensive so now I stick with the breasts)

Dip the strip in the honey mixture and then in the cereal and place on a baking sheet.... ( OPPS...forgot to say you need to preheat oven on 350)...

after all your strips are coated in both mixtures... put those babies in the oven... and I cook them until golden brown :)) Matt loves them and they are healthy..

I have yet to make the Balsalmic Chicken...

I think what I am going to do will be pretty simple... I am beginning to understand the love of a crock pot.... I think I will place two chicken breast in my crockpot and put my balsalmic vinagerette dressing in there and cook on low for 5hours... I did this with chicken and bar-b-que sauce and it was a home run :))
HOPE THIS HELPS

1 comment:

A.H.Shaw said...

Thanks so much! I love to cook, but don't have much time. I love searching for Food Network dishes, but I need more easy and quick things I can cook during the week. Sounds yummy!