Friday, May 15, 2009

beautiful.

deep in our heart there is a longing to be beautiful.



I dont care who you are ... I dont care how much of a tom-boy you are... you long for it.



We moved to Georgia lasst year and I have never lived in a place where there are so many stinkin pagents... first each high school has a Miss ( insert name of high school here)... then there is miss plains... miss cotton.. miss pecan... miss ( insert name of city here)... miss tractor... miss ( insert something southern here )... it is just insane...



It is like some one knows deep in the heart of a girl we want the identity of being beautiful youknow... and then they capitalized on it by making you pay entry fees and buy expensive dresses ... go to a tanning bed... get a talent... get your nails done.. hair done.. etc etc etc.... CRAZINESS...



What stops us women ( because Lord knows it is doesnt stop when you leave your teenage years) ... what stops us form know ing and realizing our worht.. I just recently read our friend Jason Dukes post about his daughters... He made such a good statement ... We as women need to realize our worth - we are worth DYING for... man wow ... that just made my heart stop... do I ever realize that simple truth... I am worth the death of a perfect savior.... man thats sobering...



Matt Ruta is so incedibly gifted at telling me how beautiful I am .... I mean seriously when I look my absolute worse he says you are beautiful... and means it deeply ...



How many times is God whispering that same truth into so many women's hearts as they slit their wrist one more time.. as they skip a meal.... as they look in the mirror and wish for something different God is whispering the sweet sweet truth of her beauty in her ear.



We are called to be Christ in this world.. that means we are called to tell the women of this world they are beautiful... sometimes it must be with action and not necessarily words... How must we fight for the truth that we are worth so much that there is not a more beautiful us?!!



When we refute the lies and misconceptions of magazines and tv with this truth:

HE FORMED US INTO BEAUTY

Psalm 139:13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.



Read these Lyrics from a song my Johnny diaz ( literally it is on repeat on my computer):::

Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazineSays she wants to look that way But her hair isn’t straight her body isn’t fake And she’s always felt overweight
Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see That beauty is within your heart And you were made with such care your skin your body and your hairAre perfect just the way they are
There could never be a more beautiful you Don’t buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump throughYou were made to fill a purpose that only you could do So there could never be a more beautiful you
Little girl twenty-one the things that you’ve already doneAnything to get ahead And you say you’ve got a man but he’s got another plan Only wants what you will do instead
Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come You starve yourself to play the part But I can promise you there’s a man whose love is trueAnd he’ll treat you like the jewel you are
So turn around you’re not too far To back away be who you areTo change your path go another wayIt’s not too late you can be savedIf you feel depressed with past regretsThe shameful nights hope to forgetCan disappear they can all be washed awayBy the one who’s strong can right your wrongsCan rid your fears dry all your tearsAnd change the way you look at this big worldHe will take your dark distorted viewAnd with His light He will show you truth And again you’ll see through the eyes of a little girl



go tell a woman ,teenager,girl in your life how therer couldn't be a more beautiful her.

No comments: